Monday, January 09, 2006

Fakes 2

Richard Dawkins was on Channel 4 this evening discussing the problems with all religions, and the growth of fundamentalism.

I found it easy to put up pictures of the Scientology HQ in Edinburgh and call it fake (see preceding post), but I have an instinctive reluctance to do the same with more mainstream churches. (I'm a well brought up Scottish girl!).

The church he chose was very interesting though - so modern, so reasonable. SUV after SUV pulling into the car park...

No flotilla of ships on the open seas and a meltdown in the seventies for these guys, just a conference call with the president once a week and an absolute certainty they are decent and right-thinking.

In the past I've taken photographs of fantasy landscapes created for real - (Eurodisney and Versailles) - perhaps I should have a closer look at churches...

Society does tend to give them an awful lot of respect, doesn't it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home