Wednesday, May 11, 2005

the young knives

I went to another Transgressive night on Monday at The Camden Barfly and unfortunately/fortunately missed the band I wanted to see - The Pipettes - who were sold to me as an all girl group, however I've since looked them up on the web and I'm not keen – not all-girl, put together by a bloke and prone to dressing in polka dots..yawn...

However, whilst I may have missed an imaginary, all powerful, Juliette Lewis/ Chicks on Speed wonder moment, I did get to see The Young Knives who I thought were ace...they were desperate Southern England, tubby, Mod Proclaimers with a drummer from God and they cheered me right up.

Sometimes going out on a Monday night can lead to more than ruin.

click here for the Young Knives website
...and here for Chicks on Speed website
...and here for Trangressive Records
...and if you must (though they might be good as I haven't actually heard them)...'the Pipettes'

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home