Monday, May 16, 2005

under london bridge

Not one for clubbing these days, athough sometimes I can be persuaded and so I was on Saturday. Lots of Djs, laptop DJ's and other music types had come down from Glasgow for an OPT1MO night at a very rough and ready club under the arches near London Bridge. It was very rough actually; 20 feral children outside and for a moment walking through them I wondered if I'd make it to the end of the tunnel alive but happily they failed to leap on me and visions of Mad Max 2 faded once inside...

I'm not sure what that club was about, no notice above the door, carpet taped down on the dance floor. It smelled of mould and patchouli. Some of the music good, some of the music bad, but I couldn't help thinking that they'd better not leave their laptops sitting around the place too long. If the feral children didn't sneak them away, the damp would eat through them. We were all leaving covered in spores. If strange mushrooms sprout up in the corner of my bedroom I'll know where they came from.

A damp taster of OPT1MO proper, which is amazing apparently, and having bought 'Kill the Djs' a while back I can sense a lighter, more life-affirming drive, which was definitely in there somewhere, just muted by the carpet.

click here for OPT1MO website...
or here to read about my very interesting 'Kill the Djs' purchase...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i was one of those children....

5:09 pm  
Blogger aurora alopex said...

i think these children were strangers to Blogger somehow - but thanks for the thought.

5:10 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home